Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage" recipe we have found so far.
Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 large red cabbage (about 1kg/2lb 4oz)
- 25g butter
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150ml port
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Peel off the outer leaves of the cabbage, then cut into quarters and slice out the core. Use a sharp knife or the slicing attachment of a food processor to thinly slice the cabbage.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, then tip in the onions and gently fry until softened, about 5 mins. Add the orange zest to the pan along with the cinnamon stick, then cook for 1 min more. Add the shredded cabbage, then pour over the port, red wine vinegar, orange juice and 150ml water. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 45 mins-1 hr until the cabbage is softened.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Christmas spiced red cabbage