Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage" recipe we have found so far.
Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 large red cabbage (about 1kg/2lb 4oz)
- 25g butter
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150ml port
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Peel off the outer leaves of the cabbage, then cut into quarters and slice out the core. Use a sharp knife or the slicing attachment of a food processor to thinly slice the cabbage.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, then tip in the onions and gently fry until softened, about 5 mins. Add the orange zest to the pan along with the cinnamon stick, then cook for 1 min more. Add the shredded cabbage, then pour over the port, red wine vinegar, orange juice and 150ml water. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 45 mins-1 hr until the cabbage is softened.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Christmas spiced red cabbage