Crepes Suzette Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Crepes Suzette" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the pancake batter:
- 100g of plain flour
- Zest 1 large orange
- Pinch of salt
- 2 free-range eggs
- 225ml of milk
- 25g butter, melted
For the sauce:
- 50g caster sugar
- Juice of 2 large oranges
- 50g butter
- 4 tbsp Grand Marnier
To serve (Optional):
- Good quality vanilla ice cream
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl, add the orange zest, pinch of salt and with a spoon make a well in the center. In a separate bowl add the milk, eggs and melted butter and mix until combined. Pour the milk mixture into the flour well and slowly incorporate. Whisk until you have a light and smooth batter.
- Add a little butter to your frying pan over a hot heat, evenly coat the surface and then moving quickly add a ladleful of the batter to the hot pan and move from side to side until it evenly covers the surface of the pan. Reduce the heat and cook for about a minute each side or until the batter begins to take a nice golden colour. Fold in half and then in half again to create a triangle and keep warm. Repeat this with the remaining 3 pancakes.
- Place the sugar into the pan and let it caramelise a little but not turn into a caramel colour. Add the butter, swirl through and once frothy add the orange juice to the pan. Once the sauce is slightly thick, add the pancakes back to the pan, one at a time, coating in the juices as you go. Continue like this until they’re all re-heated, folded and well soaked with the sauce.
- Drizzle the grand marnier into the pan, tilt the pan towards the flame to flambé or use a lighter, taking care at this point of the flames. Serve onto individual plates with some a drizzle of any remaining sauce in the pan and a scoop of ice cream or orange slices.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Crepes Suzette