Colcannon Potatoes Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Colcannon Potatoes" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), shredded
- 4 pounds medium potatoes (about 8), peeled and quartered
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Place cabbage and 2 cups water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; keep cabbage warm in separate dish.
- In same pan, combine potatoes and reserved cooking liquid. Add additional water to cover potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, place milk, green onions, salt and pepper in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl and mash. Add milk mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in cabbage. To serve, drizzle with butter; top with parsley and bacon.
- 168 calories,
- 5g fat (3g saturated fat),
- 14mg cholesterol,
- 361mg sodium,
- 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber),
- 4g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Colcannon Potatoes