Best Colcannon Potatoes? Are you wondering how to prepare Colcannon Potatoes? Which Colcannon Potatoes recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Colcannon Potatoes.
Colcannon Potatoes Recipe Info
Colcannon Potatoes Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), shredded
- 4 pounds medium potatoes (about 8), peeled and quartered
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Place cabbage and 2 cups water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; keep cabbage warm in separate dish.
- In same pan, combine potatoes and reserved cooking liquid. Add additional water to cover potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, place milk, green onions, salt and pepper in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl and mash. Add milk mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in cabbage. To serve, drizzle with butter; top with parsley and bacon.
- 168 calories,
- 5g fat (3g saturated fat),
- 14mg cholesterol,
- 361mg sodium,
- 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber),
- 4g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.