Best Spiced Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Pear Chutney? Are you wondering how to prepare Spiced Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Pear Chutney? Which Spiced Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Pear Chutney recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Spiced Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Pear Chutney.
Spiced Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Pear Chutney Recipe Info
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient tags: apple cider vinegar black pepper boneless pork chops butternut squash chili powder cranberry juice dijon mustard fennel fresh ginger garlic powder ground cinnamon honey KOSHER SALT lemon juice maple syrup mint leaves olive oil onion powder paprika pears pomegranate arils pomegranate juice pure maple syrup
Spiced Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Pear Chutney Recipe
- 2 cups pears, diced, 1/2-inch (Barlett)
- 1 cup fennel, diced, 1/2-inch
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced, 1/2-inch
- 3 pieces fresh ginger, 1/4-inch slice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, or cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup, more to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 mint leaves, thinly sliced
Spiced Pork Chops
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick, Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- In a medium sized pan add cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar and honey; stir to mix. Add pears, fennel, butternut squash and ginger slices. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, until pears and fennel are crisp-tender. Add pomegranates, cover and cook another 3 minutes, or until butternut squash is tender but not mushy. Remove ginger slices and discard.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1 teaspoon mustard. Set aside.
Spiced Pork Chops
- In a small bowl combine all spice ingredients; garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning on each side of the pork.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add two tablespoons olive oil to a pan. Once hot carefully add pork chops to pan. Cook 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and then lightly drizzle about 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup on the tops of each pork chop. For medium rare, cook to an internal temperature of 135-140°F (followed by a three-minute rest). If you like your pork a little more done, you can cook them to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve one pork chop topped with pear chutney. Garnish with freshly sliced mint leaves and cracked black pepper. Enjoy!