Corn Chowder Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Corn Chowder" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 6 cups corn kernels, about 7 cobbs, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth, (720ml) or chicken stock, divided
- 4 slices bacon, (95g, 3 ¼ ounces) ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced yellow onion, (145g, 5 ounces), ¼-inch dice
- ¼ cup diced carrots, (65g, 2 ¼ ounces), ¼-inch dice
- ¼ cup diced celery, (65g, 2 ¼ ounces), ¼-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (8g)
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- ½ pound russet potatoes, (about 1 ½ cups, 227g, 8 ounces) peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ pound red potatoes, (about 1 1/2 cups, 227g, 8 ounces) cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 cup whole milk, (240ml)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, (4g)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup half-and-half, (120ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, (4g)
Cut the kernels off the cob and then use a spoon to scrape the excess pulp. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Add 4 cups of corn kernels and 2 cups chicken broth to a blender. Process until smooth, 1 minute on medium speed.
Add bacon to a large dutch oven or pot. Heat the pot over medium heat, cook and stir bacon until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until onions are translucent and vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add garlic and thyme, cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add the remaining 2 cups of corn kernels and saute for 1 minute.
Add potatoes, corn puree, 1 cup of chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
Bring soup to boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Stir every few minutes and cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and discard bay leaf. Stir in the half-and-half and parsley.
Taste the corn chowder and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
Divide the soup into serving bowls. Top with crispy bacon and parsley.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 16mg 5%
Sodium 874mg 36%
Potassium 610mg 17%
Carbohydrates 36g 12%
Fiber 4g 16%
Sugar 7g 8%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 841IU 17%
Vitamin C 14mg 17%
Calcium 74mg 7%
Iron 1mg 6%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Corn Chowder