Best Creole Macaroni and Cheese? Are you wondering how to prepare Creole Macaroni and Cheese? Which Creole Macaroni and Cheese recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Creole Macaroni and Cheese.
Creole Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Info
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient tags: all-purpose flour andouille sausage black pepper bread crumbs butter Cheddar cheese elbow macaroni Gruyere cheese KOSHER SALT milk mustard onion paprika parmesan cheese stalks celery
Creole Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- In a small pan, cook the andouille sausage over medium heat until done. Set aside. In the same pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs, and stir to coat. Cool, and then mix in Parmesan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Saute onions and celery until translucent. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, to make a white roux. Try not to let the roux brown at all, it should be white. Mix in paprika and mustard, then stir in milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, then add Gruyere and Cheddar cheeses. Simmer, stirring often, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 in pan, or similar sized casserole dish. Transfer cooked macaroni to the dish, and toss in the andouille sausage and sauteed vegetables. Stir in the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust turns golden brown.