- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed of extra fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked white rice for serving
- 4 tablespoons cilantro for garnish
Season chicken thighs with salt and black pepper to taste.
Heat olive oil over medium-high in a 12″ skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes until browned on each side.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add ketchup, soy sauce, honey, dark brown sugar, ginger, sriracha and garlic. Whisk to combine.
Add chicken thighs to a 6 quart slow cooker. Pour sauce over the chicken thighs.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has slightly thickened.
When fully cooked sprinkle the top of the chicken with green onions and cilantro. Serve over rice.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Vitamin A: 295IU
Vitamin C: 5mg