Easy Lentil Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian) Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Easy Lentil Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian)" recipe we have found so far.
Easy Lentil Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian)
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 cup brown lentils or green lentils
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth or beef broth if not making vegetarian
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms about 4 oz
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce if desired)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine lentils and 3 cups broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Meanwhile, cook onion, mushrooms, carrot, and celery in olive oil over medium heat until onion and carrot are softened. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute more.
Add lentils (and their broth), red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Stir in peas and simmer uncovered 10 minutes adding more broth as needed to create a sauce. Stir in parsley and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Spoon lentil mixture into a deep-dish pie plate. Top with mashed potatoes and bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are browned.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 2318IU
Vitamin C: 32mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Easy Lentil Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian)