Best Lentil Sloppy Joes Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Lentil Sloppy Joes? Which Lentil Sloppy Joes recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Lentil Sloppy Joes.
Lentil Sloppy Joes
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup broth beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce if desired)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 8 hamburger buns
Cook green pepper and onion in olive oil until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, water, broth and lentils.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 25 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients (except buns) and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
Spoon lentil mixture over hamburger buns and serve.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 464IU
Vitamin C: 19mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Lentil Sloppy Joes