Lentil Sloppy Joes Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Lentil Sloppy Joes" recipe we have found so far.
Lentil Sloppy Joes
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup broth beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce if desired)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 8 hamburger buns
Cook green pepper and onion in olive oil until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, water, broth and lentils.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 25 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients (except buns) and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
Spoon lentil mixture over hamburger buns and serve.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 464IU
Vitamin C: 19mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Lentil Sloppy Joes