- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and the remaining salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with paprika.
- Carefully pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread cheese mixture over chicken. Roll up chicken from a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Drizzle tops with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes; discard toothpicks before serving.
1 serving: 561 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein.