Kung Pao Chicken Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Kung Pao Chicken" recipe we have found so far.
Kung Pao Chicken
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the stir fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided use
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup yellow onion cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4-6 dried red chilies seeded and cut in half (you can use more or less chilies to adjust the heat level to your preference)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat. Place the chicken in a bowl with the corn starch and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
Place the chicken in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. You may have to do this step in batches.
Remove the chicken from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
Pour the remaining vegetable oil into the pan. Add the onion and red and green bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Add the garlic to the pan; cook for an additional 30 seconds. Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables. Stir in the peanuts and chilies.
While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Add the sauce to the chicken mixture and bring to a boil; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until sauce is just thickened. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Kung Pao Chicken