Fried Dried Squid Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Fried Dried Squid" recipe we have found so far.
Fried Dried Squid
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 large dried squid (about 4 ounces)
- ⅓ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- pinch baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup reserved squid soaked water
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable oil
For soy vinegar dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Separate the arms and body of squid. Remove the bone that looks like plastic inside the squid.
- Use scissors to cut the body of the squid crosswise into ½-inch-wide pieces. Separate the arms into pieces with the scissors. Soak in 2 to 3 cups cold water for 4 to 5 hours until soft and flexible.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Reserve the water from soaking.
- Mix the squid with 2 tablespoons flour with your hands to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Combine potato starch, the remaining ¼ cup flour, salt, baking powder, egg, and the reserved squid soaking water in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a 10 to 12 inch pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 F. Drop a small spoonful of batter into the heated oil. If the batter floats to the surface in a second, the oil is hot enough for cooking.
- Dip each piece of squid into the batter to coat well. Carefully place the coated squid pieces, a few at a time, into the hot oil. Cook, turning a few times, until the batter is light golden and crunchy, about 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer the cooked squid to a strainer. Repeat with the remaining squid pieces.
- When the squid pieces have all been fried once, fry them again, 3 to 4 minutes until very crunchy and golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Fried Dried Squid