- half package of tofu (about 7 oz: 200 grams)
- soy sauce
- hot pepper flakes
- green onion
- sesame oil
- roasted sesame seeds
- Slice the tofu into 10 bite size pieces (¼ inch thick rectangles). Towel off each piece with a paper towel.A whole package of tofu cut into 20 pieces
- Heat a pan and add 1 to 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Add the tofu and lower the heat. Cook over low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes until the bottoms of the tofu pieces turn golden brown.
- Turn over each piece and cook another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked tofu to a serving plate.
- Make yangnyeomjang (seasoning sauce) in a small bowl by mixing these ingredients:
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 ts hot pepper flakes
- 1 ts sugar (or honey)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 ts sesame oil
If you make this with a whole package of tofu, double the sauce ingredients
- Spoon the sauce evenly over the tofu, and sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds over top just before serving.
- Serve as a side dish with rice.