Frito Pie Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Frito Pie" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 package taco seasoning & water as indicated on package
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with chilies or salsa
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1 bag Fritos® corn chips about 5 1/2 cups
- 2 cups mexican cheese blend shredded, 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- sour cream for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Brown ground beef and onions, drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water.
Simmer uncovered 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn & beans. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Place 4 cups of the Frito chips in single layer in baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese; spoon beef mixture over cheese, then top with remaining cheese.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or util cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Top with remaining Frito chips and green onion. Serve with sour cream.
Saturated Fat: 12g
Vitamin A: 1596%
Vitamin C: 16%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Frito Pie