Shepherd’s Pie Soup Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Shepherd’s Pie Soup" recipe we have found so far.
Shepherd’s Pie Soup
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small potatoes about 12 oz, peeled & diced
- 7 cups Original Beef Stock divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots mixture
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1.5 pounds potatoes about 3 small
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot, brown onion, ground beef and garlic in olive oil until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Add potatoes, 6 cups Original Beef Stock, seasonings, tomato paste and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Combine flour with remaining 1 cup stock. Add along with the remaining vegetables.
Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes more.
Cook potatoes until tender, drain and allow to cool and dry for several minutes.
Mash potatoes until very smooth or pass through a ricer. Add 3 tablespoons butter, cream, egg yolks and seasonings and mix.
Pipe or scoop into small puffs onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brush each potato puff.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Ladle soup into bowls and place potato puffs on top.
Garnish with fresh parsley
Saturated Fat: 9g
Vitamin A: 3785%
Vitamin C: 20.6%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Shepherd’s Pie Soup