- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small potatoes about 12 oz, peeled & diced
- 7 cups Original Beef Stock divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots mixture
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1.5 pounds potatoes about 3 small
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot, brown onion, ground beef and garlic in olive oil until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Add potatoes, 6 cups Original Beef Stock, seasonings, tomato paste and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Combine flour with remaining 1 cup stock. Add along with the remaining vegetables.
Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes more.
Cook potatoes until tender, drain and allow to cool and dry for several minutes.
Mash potatoes until very smooth or pass through a ricer. Add 3 tablespoons butter, cream, egg yolks and seasonings and mix.
Pipe or scoop into small puffs onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brush each potato puff.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Ladle soup into bowls and place potato puffs on top.
Garnish with fresh parsley
Saturated Fat: 9g
Vitamin A: 3785%
Vitamin C: 20.6%