Best Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger? Are you wondering how to prepare Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger? Which Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger.
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe Info
Total Time: 1 Hours, 15 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient tags: avocado burger buns cheese slices mushroom Soy Sauce tomatoes
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe
- 4 portobello mushrooms, 4 to 5 inches in diameter, stems and gills removed
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, (79ml)
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, (45ml)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (6g)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Topping Suggestions, Tomatoes, avocado, cheese slices (havarti, sharp cheddar, swiss, pepper jack), mayonnaise, pesto sauce, butter leaf lettuce, roasted red pepper.
- Prepare the mushrooms by cutting off the stems, then use a spoon to scoop out the brown gills. Use a damp paper towel to gently clean any dirt off the surface.
- Use the tip of a paring knife to cut ½-inch crosshatch pattern on the tops of the mushroom caps, about 1/16-inch deep scores.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to a large plastic bag or baking dish. Turn to coat in the marinade and allow to sit for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat (350 to 400ºF/177 to 204ºC).
- Clean the grill and then carefully grease the cooking grates with tongs and a paper towel dipped in oil.
- Remove the mushroom from the marinade then place on the hot grill, cap-side down.
- Cover and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid with charred marks, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms and cook covered for 3 to 5 minutes.
- If adding cheese place it on after flipping, cover and cook until melted.
- Place the grilled portobellos on toasted burger buns and add desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 314 Calories from Fat 180
Saturated Fat: 3g
Vitamin C: 1mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jessica Gavin Recipe