Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger" recipe we have found so far.
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 portobello mushrooms, 4 to 5 inches in diameter, stems and gills removed
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, (79ml)
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, (45ml)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (6g)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Topping Suggestions, Tomatoes, avocado, cheese slices (havarti, sharp cheddar, swiss, pepper jack), mayonnaise, pesto sauce, butter leaf lettuce, roasted red pepper.
- Prepare the mushrooms by cutting off the stems, then use a spoon to scoop out the brown gills. Use a damp paper towel to gently clean any dirt off the surface.
- Use the tip of a paring knife to cut ½-inch crosshatch pattern on the tops of the mushroom caps, about 1/16-inch deep scores.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to a large plastic bag or baking dish. Turn to coat in the marinade and allow to sit for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat (350 to 400ºF/177 to 204ºC).
- Clean the grill and then carefully grease the cooking grates with tongs and a paper towel dipped in oil.
- Remove the mushroom from the marinade then place on the hot grill, cap-side down.
- Cover and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid with charred marks, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms and cook covered for 3 to 5 minutes.
- If adding cheese place it on after flipping, cover and cook until melted.
- Place the grilled portobellos on toasted burger buns and add desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jessica Gavin Recipe