Portobello Steaks Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Portobello Steaks" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, see notes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. You can enjoy the stems sautéed, steamed, boiled or add them to any kind of recipes (scrambles, rices, pastas, etc.).
- Mix all the ingredients (except the mushrooms) in a shallow baking dish until well combined.
- Toss the mushrooms in the marinade. Marinate on one side for 5 to 10 minutes, then the other side for another 5 to 10 minutes. If you marinate them longer, they will absorb more liquid and will taste even better.
- We cooked our mushrooms on a griddle, but you can also grill them or cook them in a skillet (over medium-high heat) for 5 to 10 minutes each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- We served our portobello steaks with some fresh lime and our vegan oil-free aioli (we added a couple of handfuls of fresh parsley), but any sauce will do and they’re even delicious just by themselves.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Simple Vegan Blog