Best Portobello Steaks? Are you wondering how to prepare Portobello Steaks? Which Portobello Steaks recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Portobello Steaks.
Portobello Steaks Recipe Info
Portobello Steaks Recipe
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, see notes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. You can enjoy the stems sautéed, steamed, boiled or add them to any kind of recipes (scrambles, rices, pastas, etc.).
- Mix all the ingredients (except the mushrooms) in a shallow baking dish until well combined.
- Toss the mushrooms in the marinade. Marinate on one side for 5 to 10 minutes, then the other side for another 5 to 10 minutes. If you marinate them longer, they will absorb more liquid and will taste even better.
- We cooked our mushrooms on a griddle, but you can also grill them or cook them in a skillet (over medium-high heat) for 5 to 10 minutes each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- We served our portobello steaks with some fresh lime and our vegan oil-free aioli (we added a couple of handfuls of fresh parsley), but any sauce will do and they’re even delicious just by themselves.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Simple Vegan Blog