Instant Pot Butter Chicken Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Instant Pot Butter Chicken" recipe we have found so far.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (60g, 2 ounces) divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, (130g) 3/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger, (20g)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala, (6g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander, (3g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika, (1g)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, (4g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (8g)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, (794g) canned
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, (908g)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, (180ml)
- 1/2 cup green peas, (67g) canned or frozen and defrosted
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, (1g)
- Select “Saute” on the Instant Pot. Allow the pot to heat, it will indicate “Hot” on the display when ready.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pot and allow to melt.
- Add in the onions, ginger, and garlic, saute, and occasionally stir until onions are tender about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the pot. Add in 1 tablespoon of butter, garam masala, coriander, paprika, turmeric, and salt.
- Stir spices with butter and vegetables, cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Submerge chicken breast in the sauce.
- Make sure that the release valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn and lock the lid.
- Press the “Manual” button on the Instant Pot on high pressure, and then set the timer to 10 minutes using the “+” or “-” buttons.
- It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to heat up and build up the pressure. You will see some steam release from the lid, and then the time will start on the display.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Use an oven mitt or towel to slowly and carefully twist the steam release handle on the lid to the “Venting” position. The initial release will spray some moisture around the pot so be careful.
- Carefully remove the lid, opening the top away from you as steam will be released from the pot.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and transfer to a cutting board.
- Chop the chicken into chunks, about 1-inch in size.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and coconut milk to the sauce, stir to combine.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender or transfer to a blender to process the sauce into a smooth puree.
- Add chopped chicken and peas to the sauce, stir to combine until warmed through.
- If needed, turn the Instant Pot to “saute” to reheat the butter chicken.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt as needed.
- Garnish butter chicken with chopped cilantro.
- Serve butter chicken with basmati rice or naan bread.
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Cholesterol 160mg 53%
Sodium 982mg 41%
Potassium 1309mg 37%
Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Fiber 4g 16%
Sugar 7g 8%
Protein 52g 104%
Vitamin A 965IU 19%
Vitamin C 22.8mg 28%
Calcium 62mg 6%
Iron 3.1mg 17%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Instant Pot Butter Chicken