Italian Fish Soup with Swordfish and Chickpeas Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Italian Fish Soup with Swordfish and Chickpeas" recipe we have found so far.
Italian Fish Soup with Swordfish and Chickpeas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ onion
- 500g swordfish or monkfish (diced into medium sized cubes)
- ½ glass white wine
- 1 glass tomato/basil sauce
- 1 can of chickpeas (including the liquid!)
- To make your fish soup, add 4-5 tablespoons of EVOO in a medium sized pot and place it on the stove at a medium heat.
- Add ½ onion (diced) and sauté in the pot. Cook them for 2-3 min (or until slightly golden in colour)
- Next, add the fish (of your choice) along with ½ glass of white wine
Note: Add the white wine right away so your fish doesn’t stick to the bottom!
- Gently stir the fish soup ingredients using a wooden spoon, making sure none of it is stuck.
- Add the tomato sauce, and mix it through then sprinkle in a few pinches of salt.
- Let the fish soup simmer for up to 10 minutes, stirring it every so often, dropping the temperature slightly if it is bubbling too much.
- Next, add the chickpeas with all the thick liquid, and stir through.
- Leave the fish soup to simmer for a couple more minutes, then switch off the stove and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- To add even more flavour to the fish soup, 2 minutes before it is ready, sprinkle a generous amount of parsley on top and mix.
HOW TO SERVE:
Serve the fish soup in a ramekin or small terracotta bowl, then add a side of toasted or freshly grilled bread (for dipping of course) and a final sprinkle (or sprig) of parsley!
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Italian Fish Soup