Kung Pao Chicken Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Kung Pao Chicken" recipe we have found so far.
Kung Pao Chicken
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, (681g) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, (6g) divided
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce , (75ml) divided
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, (10ml) divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water, (45ml)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, (45ml)
- 3 tablespoons honey, (45ml)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (30ml)
- 1 cup diced white onion, (115g) 3/4-inch dice
- 2 cups diced bell pepper, (262g) red and green, 3/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger, (9g)
- 8 pieces dried red chilies, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, (22g)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions, (1g)
- Add diced chicken, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and black pepper to a medium-sized bowl, mix to combine. Allow chicken to marinate while preparing the other ingredients.
- To make the sauce, whisk together 3 tablespoons water, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons honey, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by whisking together 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil, once the oil is hot add the marinated chicken in a single layer in the pan.
- Allow chicken to cook without moving for 2 minutes. Stir the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl.
- Turn heat down to medium and add the onions, stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bell peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chili peppers, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Add the sauce to the pan and allow to heat and bubble, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch slurry and then gradually add to the pan, stirring to combine. Stir and cook until the sauce is thickened, 1 minute.
- Garnish kung pao chicken peanuts and green onions.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Kung Pao Chicken