Chicken Lo Mein Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Chicken Lo Mein" recipe we have found so far.
Chicken Lo Mein
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Chicken Lo Mein
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin slices
- 10 ounces fresh egg noodles pre-cooked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the onions, carrots, celery and cabbage to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the noodles to the pan, along with the chicken. Toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch.
Pour the sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with green onions, then serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Dinner at the zoo