For the Marinade:
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt. Cook and stir until onion starts to sizzle, 1 to 2 minutes. Add mussels and cook, covered, until mussels start to open, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer mussels to a bowl. Let cool until easy to handle.
- Separate mussels from shells into a bowl, reserving the shells and juices. Keep mussels refrigerated while preparing the marinade.
- Pour the reserved accumulated juices back into the saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat until reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Press glaze through a mesh strainer into a bowl to remove any grit.
- Add lemon zest, jalapeno, lemon juice, and Champagne vinegar. Whisk in oil. Spoon dressing over the mussels. Press plastic wrap down on top and marinate in the refrigerator, 2 to 8 hours.
- Arrange shells on a paper towel-lined plate. Fill shells with the mussels and spoon the dressing evenly on top.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 19 %
Cholesterol: 17 %
Sodium: 14 %
Potassium: 7 %
Total Carbohydrates: 3 %
Dietary Fiber: 2 %
Protein: 43 %