Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake" recipe we have found so far.
Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Nonstick baking spray, for coating loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat (2-percent) yogurt
- 1/4 cup lowfat (1-percent) milk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with baking spray. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Put the sugar and lemon zest in another bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers. Add the yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg whites and whole egg and vigorously whisk until well blended. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and fold until just incorporated. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then unmold and cool to room temperature.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake