Low-Cal Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Low-Cal Fettuccine Alfredo" recipe we have found so far.
Low-Cal Fettuccine Alfredo
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat (2%) milk
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Neufchtel or low-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
- Freshly ground pepper
- Make the sauce: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute.
- Add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon,1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook, whisking constantly, until just thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Neufchatel and parmesan cheese; whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and gently toss to combine, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen. Season with salt.
- Divide among bowls and top with parmesan and pepper.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Low-Cal Fettuccine Alfredo