Alfredo Sauce Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Alfredo Sauce" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (30g, 1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (6g)
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream, (300ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, (45g, 1 ½ ounces) freshly grated, finely shredded
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add butter, once melted add garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Do not brown the butter or garlic.
- Add the cream, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper, stir to combine.
- Bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan to make sure the cream does not curdle.
- Reduce the sauce to about 1 cup, about 10 to 12 minutes. The sauce should be slightly thickened, coating the back of a spoon.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and nutmeg. If the sauce is too thick, add in some of the pasta water or more cream, a few tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and season the sauce with more salt and pepper as needed.
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Fat 34g 52%
Saturated Fat 21g 105%
Cholesterol 114mg 38%
Sodium 715mg 30%
Potassium 68mg 2%
Carbohydrates 3g 1%
Fiber 1g 4%
Sugar 1g 1%
Protein 10g 20%
Vitamin A 1245IU 25%
Vitamin C 1mg 1%
Calcium 337mg 34%
Iron 1mg 6%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Alfredo Sauce