- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, (454g, 16 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided and as needed for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- paprika, as needed for seasoning
- 3 quarts water, (12 cups, 946ml)
- 8 ounces fettuccine, (227g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, (15ml)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (6g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (30g, 1 ounce)
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream, (300ml)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, (45g, 1 ½ ounce) freshly grated, finely shredded
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, (4g)
Cut each chicken breast in half through the center to create two cutlets, four total.
Lightly season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, once the pan is hot add the olive oil.
Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 to 165ºF (71 to 74ºC), about 5 to 7 minutes, turn off the heat.
Rest the chicken for 5 minutes and then slice into ½-inch thick pieces.
Wash and dry the pan to use for making the alfredo sauce.
Bring 3 quarts of water and 1 ½ teaspoon salt to a boil in a large pot.
Add the noodles and cook until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes, or according to manufacturers directions.
Place noodles in a colander and do not discard water.
While the noodles are cooking, make the alfredo sauce.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
Add the butter, once melted add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Do not brown the butter or garlic.
Add the cream, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper, stir to combine.
Bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan to make sure the cream does not curdle.
Reduce the sauce to about 1 cup, about 10 to 12 minutes. The sauce should be slightly thickened, coating the back of a spoon.
Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and nutmeg. If the sauce is too thick, add in some of the pasta water or more cream, a few tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Add the pasta to the sauce, gently tossing to combine.
Divide the pasta among bowls, top with sliced chicken and chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 837 Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Fat 54g 83%
Saturated Fat 30g 150%
Cholesterol 275mg 92%
Sodium 1777mg 74%
Potassium 648mg 19%
Carbohydrates 44g 15%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 1g 1%
Protein 43g 86%
Vitamin A 1751IU 35%
Vitamin C 2mg 2%
Calcium 404mg 40%
Iron 2mg 11%