- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (6g)
- 1/2 cup diced white onions, (73g) 1/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos, (7g)
- 1 teaspoon cumin, (1 g)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, (21g)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, (88g, 3 ounces) 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock, (120ml) or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, (2g)
Cut cauliflower into 1-inch florets, this should yield about 8 cups.
Working in batches, add half of the florets to a food processor, or blender.
Process or pulse until small rice-sized pieces is made about 6 to 8 pulses. Transfer to a bowl and process the remaining florets into cauliflower rice.
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, once shimmering add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the garlic and onion and saute for 1 minute.
Add the jalapenos and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the cumin and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the tomato paste and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
Add the cauliflower rice, chicken stock, and salt, stir to combine.
Cover and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Uncover and continue to cook the cauliflower rice until almost dry, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Turn off the heat and taste the cauliflower rice. Season more salt as desired.
Stir in chopped cilantro, fluff the rice with a fork and serve immediately.
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Fat 4g 6%
Sodium 347mg 14%
Potassium 419mg 12%
Carbohydrates 7g 2%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 3g 3%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 50IU 1%
Vitamin C 57.3mg 69%
Calcium 34mg 3%
Iron 0.9mg 5%