Best Paleo Mexican Pulled Pork? Are you wondering how to prepare Paleo Mexican Pulled Pork? Which Paleo Mexican Pulled Pork recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Paleo Mexican Pulled Pork.
Paleo Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe Info
Total Time: 9 Hours, 17 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient tags: Anaheim chile peppers bacon fat beef broth boneless pork shoulder chili powder cloves garlic fresh cilantro ground black pepper ground cayenne pepper ground cumin leaf lime onion oregano red bell pepper ripe avocados sea salt Tomato Paste yellow bell pepper
Paleo Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Halve Anaheim chile peppers lengthwise; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs. Place peppers cut-side down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated broiler until peppers are blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and over tightly with plastic wrap. Let peppers steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins; chop flesh.
- Season pork with salt and black pepper.
- Heat bacon fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to a slow cooker. Pour in beef broth and coat pork with tomato paste. Add roasted chile pepper, onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, lime juice, garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cook on Low until pork is tender, about 8 hours. Shred pork using 2 forks. Serve with avocados, cilantro, and lime wedges.