Parsnip and Potato Soup Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Parsnip and Potato Soup" recipe we have found so far.
Parsnip and Potato Soup
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 big carrots, cleaned and sliced in 1-inch rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth, or enough to just cover the vegetables – you can also use 2 cans (14.5-ounces each) of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (you can also use half & half or heavy cream), optional
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder, optional
- Melt the butter in a large heavy pot and pour in the olive oil.
- Add the chopped parsnips, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a blender and blend until smooth. This should be done in several batches.
- Return soup to the pot and, if using, add milk; add in chilli powder and stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Parsnip and Potato Soup