Sausage, Parsnip and Fennel Pithvier Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Sausage, Parsnip and Fennel Pithvier" recipe we have found so far.
Sausage, Parsnip and Fennel Pithvier
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 frozen butter puff pastry sheets, partially thawed, cut into 20cm discs
- 5 pork sausages, cases removed
- 1 parsnip, peeled, thinly sliced (we used a mandoline)
- 1 baby fennel, trimmed, thinly sliced (we used a mandoline)
- 3 sage sprigs, leaves picked, chopped
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sage sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- For the onion jam, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until golden. Add sugar, vinegar and ¼ cup (60ml) water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large ovenproof tray with baking paper.
- Place a pasty disc onto lined tray. Spread onion jam over base leaving a 2cm border. Keeping within the border, cover with sausages laid out in a spiral. Top with parsnip, fennel and sage. Dot with butter and season.
- Brush pastry border with egg wash. Carefully place the second piece of pastry over the top, pressing out excess air. Pinch edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, make a small air hole in the centre of the pithivier. Score the pastry by gently running the knife in a slight curve from the centre to edge, making sure not to cut through the pastry. Repeat pattern around entire pithivier. Brush with remaining egg wash.
- Scatter with fennel seeds. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Sausage, Parsnip and Fennel Pithvier