Salmon, Cranberry & Couscous Parcels Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Salmon, Cranberry & Couscous Parcels" recipe we have found so far.
Salmon, Cranberry & Couscous Parcels
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the couscous
- 350g couscous
- 100g dried cranberries
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 50g unsalted butter, diced
- 85g toasted pine nut
- small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- small handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
For the fish
- 6 x 140g skinless salmon fillets
- 25g butter, diced
- zest 1 orange, juice of ½
- 6 tbsp cranberry sauce
- zest and juice ½ orange
- Boil the kettle. Put the couscous, cranberries and spices in a large bowl. Dot with the butter and pour over 350ml boiling water. Cover immediately with cling film and leave for 5 mins to steam. Remove the film and fluff with a fork to loosen the couscous grains. Cool, stir in the pine nuts and herbs, then season to taste. Cut 6 squares of baking parchment about 30 x 30cm.
- Season the salmon fillets, spoon the couscous in mounds in the centre of the parchment squares, then dot with a little butter. Top each with a piece of salmon, scatter with a little orange zest and drizzle with a little juice. Fold the sides of the paper over, then fold up the ends to make a parcel. Tie with string and secure with a bow. Stir together the cranberry sauce, orange zest and juice then set aside in a serving bowl. The parcels can be chilled for up to 1 day. Be sure to remove them from the fridge 20 mins before cooking.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the parcels on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven and cook for 15 mins, or 20 mins if you prefer your salmon well done. Pop the parcels onto plates and let your guests unwrap their own supper. Serve with Garlic & feta broccoli and the cranberry & orange sauce.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Salmon, Cranberry & Couscous Parcels