Seitan-Cashew Blanquette Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Seitan-Cashew Blanquette" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 200 g gourmet seitan [UK 7 oz.]
- 200 g white mushrooms [UK 7 oz.]
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml water [UK 1½ cup]
- 50 ml dry white wine [UK ¼ cup]
- 100 ml plain soy cream [UK ½ cup ]
- Half a vegetable bouillon cube, or 1 teaspoon bouillon powder
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garam masala or ½ tsp nutmeg or allspice
- 1½ Tbsp cashew butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the seitan into bite-size strips, slice the mushrooms, dice the onion and chop the carrot into rounds. Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron stockpot (a sauté pan with high sides or a large saucepan will also do) over medium heat and sauté these ingredients, stirring often.
- Once the onions begin to brown, add the water, white wine, soy cream, bouillon, soy sauce, and spice. Cook for about 15 minutes over medium-low heat (just below simmering), stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat and incorporate the cashew butter to make the sauce creamier. Serve with rice or quinoa.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Seitan-Cashew Blanquette