Stir-Fried Chives, Meat, and Vegetables Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Stir-Fried Chives, Meat, and Vegetables" recipe we have found so far.
Stir-Fried Chives, Meat, and Vegetables
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: Asian chives Beef Chicken dried red chili pepper Garlic Ginger green chili pepper green onion Ground Black Pepper king oyster mushrooms Onion Oyster Sauce pork belly potato starch red chili pepper Sesame Oil Soy Sauce Vegetable Oil
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the meat:
- 8 ounces pork belly (or beef, chicken), cut into 2 to 3 inch long matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the chili oil:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, cut into 1 inch long
- 7 small dried red chili peppers
For the vegetables and seasoning:
- 1 to 2 king oyster mushrooms (2 ounces), cut into 2 to 3 inch long matchsticks
- 4 ounces Asian chives (aka garlic chives, buchu in Korean), cut into 2 inch long
- 2 to 3 Korean green and red chili peppers, cut in halves, deseeded, and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin (or minced)
- 2 ounces onion, sliced thin
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Prepare the meat, mushrooms, and starch:
- Combine the pork, 1 clove minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Mix them well by hand. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put the mushroom into a bowl and mix with a pinch of salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes until soft and a little wet. Squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon potato starch and 1 table spoon water in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
Make the oil:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the green onion and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the small dried red chili peppers to the hot oil. Stir for 1 minute until the peppers turn brown. Pick out the chili peppers and green onion with tongs and discard. Put the oil into a bowl.
Stir-frying over high heat:
- Take out the marinated pork and mix it by hand with the remaining 1 tablespoon potato starch.
- Heat up the oil over high heat. Add the marinated pork, spreading it in the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the bottom of the meat turns a little crunchy and light brown. Turn the pork and cook another minute, splitting each piece of pork with tongs or a slotted spoon.
- Add the mushroom, onion, the remaining sliced (or minced) garlic, green and red chili pepper, and chives and stir for 1 to 2 minutes with a wooden spoon until the chives turn slightly brown and soft. Add the oyster sauce and stir.
- Stir up the potato starch and water mixture and add it to the pan. Mix well until well incorporated.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the sesame oil and transfer to a serving plate. Serve right away with kkotppang.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Stir-Fried Chives, Meat, and Vegetables