- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-2 1/4 cups bell pepper red, green and/or yellow, diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 14.5 oz tomatoes diced, undrained
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup basmati rice uncooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
Brown beef with onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain excess fat.
Add peppers, seasonings, beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, rice and salt & pepper to taste.
Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. (Add more beef broth if needed).
Once rice is tender, top with cheese and cover with a lid until melted. Optionally, broil 2-3 minutes.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 2809%
Vitamin C: 88%