- 1 tablespoon Thai black tea
- 1 cup of hot boiling water
- 2 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons evaporated milk (plus some more to sprinkle on top)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- First step is to boil water, I’m just using a pot, but you could use a water boiler or microwave
- Take your tea sock and add about 1 tablespoon of black Thai tea. It’s then easiest to put your tea sock into a bowl or big cup in order to steep the tea.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water into the tea sock, and push it in and out to steep the tea and extract all that flavr. Steep the tea for a few minutes until it turns nice and dark in color.
- Taking a new cup, pour in 1 glass of hot tea
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk, and give it a nice stir
- Then add 2 teaspoons of evaporated milk, and continue to stir the tea until everything is fully mixed in
- Optional – A good Thai iced tea should have a little froth or some bubbles on top, so take 2 pitchers, and pour the tea from one to the other, with a bit of elevation. You could do this in a different way too, but it’s pretty fun!
- Take a cup and fill it all the way to the top with crushed ice
- Gentry pour your hot tea mixture over the cup of ice
- To give your Thai iced tea a final creamy touch, drizzle on some more evaporated milk onto the top of your cup
- Add a straw, and you’re ready to start slurping it down!