- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Turbinado sugar, as needed, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the whole-wheat pastry flour with the oats, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon to combine.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then add the butter, buttermilk, vanilla and egg. Mix to combine.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula, mixing to distribute them evenly throughout the batter.
5. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin (each cup should be about ¾ full) and sprinkle lightly with turbinado sugar.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
- 185 calories
- 5g fat
- 32g carbs
- 4g protein
- 12g sugars