- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread bun cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside
- Drain all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the fat from the pan and return to medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, crumbling the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrots and cook until tender crisp, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and Worcestershire sauce ; cook one minute more. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in beef broth and cream, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in bay leaves potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Stir in ground beef, cheese, salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with croutons (bun cubes), bacon and green onions.
Dietary Fibre4 g