Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette Recipe? Are you wondering how Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette is prepared? Which recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare "Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette".
Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 300 g new potatoes, waxy potatoes, cut into medium slices
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 240 ml / 1 cup water
- (optional) A pinch of black salt / kala namak
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large medium pan and add the chopped onions and potatoes. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Add a splash of water, if needed, to help the potatoes cook.
- Meanwhile, mix the chickpea flour and water together in a bowl with the salt and pepper (and black salt, if using).
- Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, add them to the chickpea mix and stir gently to combine.
- Rinse the frying pan and heat with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the chickpea mixture and cook on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the bottom is cooked.
- Once the top is starting to cook through, gently flip it over (using a plate to transfer it back into the pan) OR pop the frying pan under a pre-heated grill to cook the other side.
- When both sides are brown and the omelette is cooked through, cut into 8 slices and serve hot or cold with a green salad. Keeps well for up to 3 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Spanish Omelette (Vegan + GF)