Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette? Are you wondering how to prepare Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette? Which Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette Recipe Info
Vegan and Gluten-Free Spanish Omelette Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 300 g new potatoes, waxy potatoes, cut into medium slices
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 240 ml / 1 cup water
- (optional) A pinch of black salt / kala namak
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large medium pan and add the chopped onions and potatoes. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Add a splash of water, if needed, to help the potatoes cook.
- Meanwhile, mix the chickpea flour and water together in a bowl with the salt and pepper (and black salt, if using).
- Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, add them to the chickpea mix and stir gently to combine.
- Rinse the frying pan and heat with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the chickpea mixture and cook on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the bottom is cooked.
- Once the top is starting to cook through, gently flip it over (using a plate to transfer it back into the pan) OR pop the frying pan under a pre-heated grill to cook the other side.
- When both sides are brown and the omelette is cooked through, cut into 8 slices and serve hot or cold with a green salad. Keeps well for up to 3 days in the fridge. Enjoy!