Skip to content
- 3 large heaping Tbsp chickpea flour
- ½ tsp (black) salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 8 Tbsp water
- 1 small onion
- a big bunch of fresh herbs (dill, spring onions and basil for example)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Whisk chickpea flour with salt and pepper. Add water and whisk until you have a creamy omelette batter.
- Add thinly sliced or chopped onions and chopped herbs OR pan-fry the onions first in some oil until light golden brown and then add the onions to the omelette batter.
- Mix everything together. Heat up some oil in a pan. Scoop all the batter onto the pan and spread it out with a spoon so you have a nice round omelette.
- Cook for a few minutes (don’t cover the pan with a lid!). Flip the omelette over (use a thin spatula) and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the heat. Let it cool a little bit, cut it and serve it on a loaf of bread or as a side with your morning porridge or some other dish.