Vegan Stuffed Peppers Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan Stuffed Peppers" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup kasha (toasted buckwheat groats)
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large green bell peppers
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is almost clear but not browning, about 5 minutes. Add buckwheat; stir until coated, about 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add peppers, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stand peppers up in a casserole dish and fill them with the buckwheat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegan Stuffed Peppers