- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup kasha (toasted buckwheat groats)
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large green bell peppers
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is almost clear but not browning, about 5 minutes. Add buckwheat; stir until coated, about 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add peppers, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stand peppers up in a casserole dish and fill them with the buckwheat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 172 calories; 4.630.9 5.3 0 197 Full nutrition