Korean Chili Butter:
- Whisk egg whites, cornstarch, rice wine, and soy sauce for marinade together in a bowl until very smooth and foamy.
- Trim silver skin from sirloin steaks. Place steaks between 2 pieces of plastic wrap on a cutting board and pound to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Transfer steaks to a rimmed plate and lightly sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
- Pour marinade over top and flip a few times to make sure steaks are well coated on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap, or transfer steaks and marinade to a zip-top bag, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours, flipping once or twice while marinating.
- Mix butter, chili paste, salt, and green onions for chili butter together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust if needed. Set aside at either room temperature or in the refrigerator until needed.
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and toss a few more times in the marinade.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and pan-fry until meat springs back to the touch and is medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
- Remove from heat and place steaks on warm plates. Let rest for 3 to 4 minutes. Top with chili butter and green onions.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 49 %
Cholesterol: 42 %
Sodium: 43 %
Potassium: 16 %
Total Carbohydrates: 4 %
Dietary Fiber: 1 %
Protein: 87 %