Velvet Steak with Korean Chili Butter Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Velvet Steak with Korean Chili Butter" recipe we have found so far.
Velvet Steak with Korean Chili Butter
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Korean Chili Butter:
- Whisk egg whites, cornstarch, rice wine, and soy sauce for marinade together in a bowl until very smooth and foamy.
- Trim silver skin from sirloin steaks. Place steaks between 2 pieces of plastic wrap on a cutting board and pound to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Transfer steaks to a rimmed plate and lightly sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
- Pour marinade over top and flip a few times to make sure steaks are well coated on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap, or transfer steaks and marinade to a zip-top bag, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours, flipping once or twice while marinating.
- Mix butter, chili paste, salt, and green onions for chili butter together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust if needed. Set aside at either room temperature or in the refrigerator until needed.
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and toss a few more times in the marinade.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and pan-fry until meat springs back to the touch and is medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
- Remove from heat and place steaks on warm plates. Let rest for 3 to 4 minutes. Top with chili butter and green onions.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Velvet Steak with Korean Chili Butter