Black and Blue Steak Burger Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Black and Blue Steak Burger" recipe we have found so far.
Black and Blue Steak Burger
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Slice steaks in half, then into strips about 1/4-to 1/2-inch-thick. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until very cold and firm, but not quite frozen, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Place blue cheese in the freezer as well so it’s easier to handle.
- Chop the partially frozen steak with a sharp knife or meat cleaver until it resembles coarsely ground meat. Crumble about 1/2 cup (unpacked) blue cheese on top; use the cleaver to fold and chop it into the meat.
- Lightly dampen your hands with water and roll the mixture into 3 or 4 patties. Flatten onto individual pieces of plastic wrap; seal and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Unwrap patties and continue pressing them to your desired thinness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry cast iron pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Sear each patty, without disturbing it, until a crust forms on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the surface springs back when lightly pressed, about 3 minutes more.
- Spread some mayonnaise over each bottom bun half. Serve patties on the buns, topped with pickled red onions.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 36 %
Cholesterol: 27 %
Sodium: 37 %
Potassium: 12 %
Total Carbohydrates: 8 %
Dietary Fiber: 5 %
Protein: 62 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Black and Blue Steak Burger