Skip to content
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 oz canned or cooked fabes, you can use cannellini beans instead(400 g)
- 1/2 or 1 cup water (depending on the consistency you’re looking for)
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pot and cook the cloves of garlic and the onion over medium-high heat for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Blend the veggies with 1/4 fabes or beans (50 g) and the water until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in the pot and add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the oil. Stir and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, stir and serve.