Beef and Broccoli Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best " Beef and Broccoli " recipe we have found so far.
Beef and Broccoli
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
FOR THE BEEF MARINADE
- 8 ounces of beef (I’m using chuck tender)
- 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of oil
FOR THE STIR-FRY
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of dark soy sauce (just for the color)
- 2-3 tbsp of water
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper (or as much as you like)
- Slice your beef into thin pieces. I am using chuck tender. Make sure you cut against the fiber. TMarinate it with 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, 2 tsp of light soy sauce, 1 tsp of cornstarch, some freshly ground pepper and 1/4 tsp of baking soda. This is what Chinese restaurants do to tenderize the beef- especially if they are using a tough cut of beef. Without baking soda, it’s gonna be a disaster.
- After it is well combined. We make the sauce. 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 2-3 tbsp of water, 2 tsp of cornstarch, some black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into bite sizes. Blanch it in boiling water for 1 or 2 minutes. Don’t cover it or else the broccoli will lose its green color. Turn off the heat and put it into ice water for 3-5 minutes to stop the cooking process. Take it out and shake off the excess water. Using this technique, the broccoli will stay fresh and crunchy.
- Next, fry the beef. Heat up about 1 tbsp of oil. Give it a toss so the bottom is coated nicely.
- Add in the beef. Try to separate it so most of the beef touches the bottom of the wok. Let one side fry for 15-20 seconds. Use your spatula to flip it over and fry the other side for 15-20 seconds. You should also be able to smell the scent of the smoky beef. So good. Take it out and set it aside.
- In the same wok, add a little bit of oil. Put in some garlic and give it a stir. Pour the sauce into the hot wok. It will start thickening quickly. Then add in the broccoli. Mix it a little bit. Add the beef back into the wok. Coat it nicely. You are done.his way, your beef will be less chewy.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on BETTER THAN TAKEOUT – Beef and Broccoli Recipe