The idea of drinking the magical elixir of vegetables and fruits for good health and healing has been available since the beginning of time, but it’s only recently that juices and smoothies became popular in the western world.
Smoothies are the perfect way to meet or even exceed the recommended daily allowance of fruits and veggies. They are easy, fast, packed with nutrients and taste delicious – you just can’t go wrong.
Why are they so popular? Let us count the ways…
- unlike fruit juices, they’re much lower in sugar and have more fiber
- they have a creamy texture and refreshing flavor
- it’s easy to get more nutrients in your diet – almost an entire days worth in one glass!
- you can eat clean without feeling hungry or deprived
- the overall health benefits are astonishing
Best Smoothie Recipe for Weight Loss
This smoothie is a fresh fruity and veggie way to clean up your entire system and give you a fresh start. The strawberries deliver vitamin A and the pineapple does everything from actually stopping cancer to cleaning your gut. Add in the antioxidants and vitamins from the apple along with the chlorophyll and other goodies from the cucumber and other veggies, and you are nutritionally ready to jumpstart your detox and cleanse your system.
Yield: 4 Servings
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup raw coconut water
- 1/2 small avocado, pitted, peeled
- 1 green apple, cored, diced
- 1 beet, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until very smooth. Enjoy!