Carne Asada Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Carne Asada" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak, (681g, 24 ounces) flank steak or flap meat are great options
- ½ cups cilantro leaves, (8g, ¼ ounce) finely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced green onions , (15g, ⅜ ounce)
- ¼ cup olive oil , (60ml)
- ⅓ cup orange juice, (79ml)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest , (2g)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, (30ml)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic , (10g)
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno , (11g)eef
- 1 teaspoon cumin1 teaspoon kosher salt , (6g)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
Poke the steak about 10 times with a fork on both sides to allow the marinade to infuse quicker.
In a medium bowl whisk together chopped cilantro, green onions, olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, salt, black pepper, and chili powder.
Add the steak to a resealable plastic bag or casserole dish and pour marinade over the meat.
Marinate the steak in the refrigerator for 60 minutes, flipping over halfway through. Steak can be marinated for up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill over high heat (400 to 450ºF /204 to 232ºC). Carefully grease the cooking grates using a paper towel dipped in oil and tongs.
Scrape some of the herbs off of the meat and allow excess marinade to drain.
Add the meat to the grill, press down to get a good sear and cook, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip the meat and cook until the meat registers 125 to 130ºF (52 to 54ºC) for medium-rare, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the meat against the grain.
Serve with desired toppings or warmed tortillas.
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 71mg 24%
Sodium 632mg 26%
Potassium 350mg 10%
Carbohydrates 1g 0%
Protein 24g 48%
Vitamin A 125IU 3%
Vitamin C 2.3mg 3%
Calcium 10mg 1%
Iron 2.3mg 13%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Carne Asada