Bourbon Chicken Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Bourbon Chicken" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock, (240ml)
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey, (60ml)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce , (60ml)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, (60ml)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, (30ml)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, (10ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (15ml)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, (5ml)1
- 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, (681g) cut into 1-inch chucks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
Whisk together chicken stock, bourbon whiskey, soy sauce, maple syrup, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, black pepper, and chili flakes in a medium bowl.
Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add vegetable oil and sesame oil.
Add chicken and spread into one layer. Allow chicken to cook for 2 minutes without moving.
Stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, 1 minute.
Add garlic and ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add in bourbon sauce mixture. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to help some of the alcohol evaporate and sauce reduces slightly.
Stir cornstarch slurry and then add to the pan. Stir bourbon chicken until sauce has thickened, 60 to 90 seconds.
Serve bourbon chicken garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Bourbon Chicken