Chef John's Loco Moco Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Chef John's Loco Moco" recipe we have found so far.
Chef John's Loco Moco
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Loco Moco is many variations, but the traditional loco moco consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger, a fried egg, and brown gravy. Variations may include bacon, ham, Spam, tofu, kalua pork, Portuguese sausage, teriyaki beef, teriyaki chicken, mahi-mahi, shrimp, oysters, and other meats.
For the Gravy:
- Season patties with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Whisk beef stock, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, ketchup, sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patty in the hot skillet until a browned crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip; toss in green onions and cook the other side until both beef and onions are browned, 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove patty and most of the green onions to a plate.
- Pour beef stock mixture into the skillet. Stir, scraping up browned bits from the bottom, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and reserve gravy until needed.
- Melt remaining butter in another skillet over medium heat. Add eggs to the skillet and fry side-by-side until whites are set and yolks are still runny.
- Divide rice between 2 serving bowls. Place patties over the rice, spoon gravy on top, and add the fried eggs.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chef John's Loco Moco