Best Chef John's Loco Moco? Are you wondering how to prepare Chef John's Loco Moco? Which Chef John's Loco Moco recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Chef John's Loco Moco.
Chef John's Loco Moco Recipe Info
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 2
Ingredient tags: beef stock butter cayenne pepper Cornstarch eggs freshly ground black pepper Green Onions Ground Beef ketchup salt sesame oil Soy Sauce white rice white sugar worcestershire sauce
Chef John's Loco Moco Recipe
For the Gravy:
- Season patties with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Whisk beef stock, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, ketchup, sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patty in the hot skillet until a browned crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip; toss in green onions and cook the other side until both beef and onions are browned, 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove patty and most of the green onions to a plate.
- Pour beef stock mixture into the skillet. Stir, scraping up browned bits from the bottom, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and reserve gravy until needed.
- Melt remaining butter in another skillet over medium heat. Add eggs to the skillet and fry side-by-side until whites are set and yolks are still runny.
- Divide rice between 2 serving bowls. Place patties over the rice, spoon gravy on top, and add the fried eggs.