- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks (bone-in, skin-on)
- ½ onion slivered
- ⅓ cup white cane vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce reduced sodium
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
Heat oil in a deep skillet. Add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion to the pan and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken back to the pan. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook covered for 30 minutes. Flip chicken, cover, and simmer an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is tender (keep an eye on the liquid and add a bit of water if needed).
Remove bay leaves and serve with rice and a drizzle of the sauce if desired.
Vitamin A: 54IU
Vitamin C: 1mg