- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes , spiralized
- 3 cups corn kernels (I used frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 jalapeno , seeded if desired, and chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo , chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes , juiced (plus lime wedges for serving)
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 avocado , pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
SWEET POTATO NOODLES
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium. When it shimmers, add the sweet potatoes. Give everything a good toss and cook, stirring often, until the noodles have softened but are not mushy, 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir the corn, bell pepper, and poblano and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until soft. Add the jalapeno and garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more, until fragrant.
Add the chipotles, honey, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Stir in the black beans, cilantro and lime juice, then remove the skillet from the heat.
SPICY PUMPKIN SEEDS
Meanwhile, in a separate small skillet, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the pumpkin seeds, and the paprika. Toss to coat the seeds. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the seeds are lightly golden and toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt.
Divide the sweet potato noodles among three bowls and top each with some avocado, spiced pumpkin seeds, feta, and lime wedges. Serve warm.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 34280IU
Vitamin C: 77.6mg